Jetco is excited to share that the Bayport Container Terminal will be increasing their operating hours beginning October 2, 2017.
We received the following email from the Port:
The new hours of operation will be 7am – 11pm. The in-gate will close at 10:00pm in order to service drivers out of the terminal by 11:00pm.
Terminal Services may be limited after 5:00 pm. You can expect the following:
- Empty containers will be received and dispatched
- Customer Service will be available to assist with basic trouble resolution, calls, and emails.
- Trouble transactions requiring external support (i.e. steamship line, broker, USCBP, etc.) may not be resolved after 5:00pm and will require assistance the following business day.
- Reefers will not be dispatched or received after 5:00pm (unless there is management approval)
- Moves requiring swings will not be accepted or dispatched after 5:00pm
- Hazardous Documentation must be received AND approved prior to 5:00pm.
-Hazardous Trouble resolution will not be available after 5:00pm.
Please be mindful of the shipping line’s export cutoff times for cargo receiving. Any questions about late receiving should be coordinated directly with the shipping line.
The Barbours Cut gate hours will not be extended at this time, but will be phased in at a later date. Gate hours for Barbours Cut will remain from 7:00am – 7:00pm. The in-gate will close at 6:00pm in order to service drivers out of the terminal by 7:00pm.
We look forward to working with you to maximize your shipping so that we can all take advantage of these new hours.
Should you have any questions, contact Kim Light at 713.676.1111.